Wednesday, August 21, 2013

If I don't have one of these receivers on my team I'm going to be pissed



This year I think there are 5 WRs that are head and shoulders above the rest.

1.Calvin Johnson- I'll take this guy in the first round as early as pick 4. He's like having two starting players in one. Last year he got tackled at the 1 yard line 4 times. THAT'S STUPID!!!

2.Dez Bryant- If Megatron is off the board and I have pick 11 or 12 I'm not scared to take him. He's the next big thing. He's slap you momma good. too early?

3.AJ Green- Bengals are going to be good and he's going to get the there. Andy Dalton is an efficient QB that keeps them in games and AJ can stretch the field and catch it all. It helps that he's made out of rubber too. I'm taking him anywhere from pick 13-18

4. Brandon Marshall- Him and Jay Cutler are on the same page and the Bears are supposed to have some new high paced, spread you out, type of offense. It wouldn't surprise me if he caught 120 balls this year. I'll draft him in the 2nd round if he gets to me.

5. Julio Jones- People may point to the other targets as reason why not to take him so high, but truthfully it just makes it harder to guard him. This guy could've went pro right out of 9th grade. He just has a genetic advantage that make me hate my parents. Like why am I not built like that? Actually I'd prefer not to have a 5-head like that so I'm good.

The bottom line is that if you choose to go RB, RB in your 1st two rounds, you have absolutely no shot of landing any of these guys. I would much rather grab one of these guys and have a RB duo of say Steven Ridley, Demarco Murray or David Wilson. Otherwise you're going to be looking at Danny Amendola, Dwayne Bowe, or Victor Cruz as your WR1.

The NFL is a passing league now and more and more teams are RB by committee. If you can't snag a top 5 RB you're really hurting yourself by taking a mid level tier 1 RB over one of these guys. The drop off after these 5 is pretty significant. You're also more likely to have a back up RB step into the limelight and score points for your team if the stud RB goes down (Ben Tate, Michael Bush, Bryce Brown). There's not any WR's just standing on the sideline waiting to get in and dominate a fantasy team. Granted you have to stay on your toes and look for the next big thing, but that's what you've got me for!

No comments :

Post a Comment