Sunday, September 15, 2013

3-0 feels damn good



Coming into the season I felt like there were 3 positions we couldn't afford to lose a starter at. QB, C, and K. Whether you are a Brandon Allen believer or not, it was proven Saturday that we're fucking terrible without the sophomore quarterback. Like, I'm talking we might not be able to win one game without him.

Allen suffered a bruised AC joint and is expected to be back by next weekend for the trip to Rutgers. But I tell you what, he didn't impress me very much when he was in there. Regardless, there's still so much he does for the team that just makes it run effectively. Checks at the lines. Understanding of the offense. Catching shotgun snaps. That kind of stuff.

How about our defensive end tandem. If a team gets behind on us and has to throw it to get back into the game, watch out. Flowers and Smith constantly beat their guy and get to the quarterback. The diving catch Flowers made was one of the most bad ass things I've ever seen. And I've seen some shit. Robert Thomas is making a statement to get drafted and Darius Philon is emerging as a difference maker. It would be nice if we could get a linebacker to fill the hole when a lineman disrupts the play. It seems like if Thomas doesn't make the play two yards behind the line of scrimmage you might as well give them 4 yards because our LBs our sitting on their heels and not pushing the runners back.

Southern Miss is terrible and there's a reason why they're 0-15 and have the longest losing streak in the nation. Rutgers should be a bit better but I still think they're an overall bad team.

Rutgers lost their quarterback on Saturday to a concusion but beat a terrible Eastern Michigan team 28-10 while being outgained in yardage. Their sophomore RB went for 192 and broke 2 long TD runs in the second half to ice the game. Sounds familiar. They also retired Eric LeGrand's jersey Saturday, the kid that was paralyzed in 2010 while making a tackle. I think that's awesome that they did that. I really do. I'm also glad they did it last week and not next week when we come to town. I expect us to go into their place, keep our composure, have two running backs go over 100 yards, and hand them an ass whipping.

#1-0

side note:

It always tickled me in the preseason when Wisconsin fans would talk about how terrible Coach B was and how they're glad he's gone. Well I pretty much guarantee you the shit show that occurred to lose the game Saturday would not have happened under his watch.

No comments :

Post a Comment